Our houses are beginning to look a lot like Christmas – Decorations are going up and families are getting geared up to decorate for the Christmas Holiday Season. Safety is key – review the below points to keep you and your family safe and festive this holiday season.
- Before you string up a single strand of lights, carefully check them for cracked cords frayed ends or loose connections.
- The combination of shorts in electrical lights and a tinder-dry tree can be deadly. Keep your tree well-watered. Not only will it stay fresh and green, but it will also prevent a house fire
- Ditch old stands of lights – purchase lights with fused plugs
- Remember the 3 light connection strand
- Check your extension plugs – if its hot unplug and replace the cord
- Turn off your lights when you go to bed or leave your home
Following these tips will you and your family safe from a house fire